Our FREE African Protea Stencil of the Month is the perfect floral pattern for all sorts of DIY craft stenciling projects around your house. Recently, we updated a stencil brush box here in our studio with this fun, Art Deco-inspired flower design. See how we completed this fast and easy stencil project below!
Stencil Supplies for this Project:
- Gather all of your stencil supplies.
- Measure and plan the layout for the stencil. To keep the pattern symmetrical and fit 5 repeats of the African Protea Flower stencil we alternated the flower shape to face up and down and started with one flower in the exact center.
- To get better coverage of the more translucent Barcelona and Antibes Green Chalk Paint® colors, we stenciled first the entire pattern with a more opaque paint, Arles Yellow.
- Then, we stenciled the flower with Barcelona Orange, and the leaves and detail with Antibes Green. Allow to dry.
- To protect your stenciling (optional) apply a thin layer of Clear Soft Wax with cheesecloth and remove all excess wax by rubbing with a hard circular motion.
- Lightly distress the stenciling by going over it lightly with 400 grit sandpaper.
- For a more antiqued look, add a final thin layer of Dark Wax. Remove excess wax, allow to dry, and buff with a soft cloth.
- Enjoy your handiwork!
The African Protea stencil is perfect for ALL SORTS of furniture stenciling projects-but it's great for fabric stenciling too. See how we used it with our Metallic Stencil Creme paints to stencil some pretty custom pillows!
Leave a comment