Debbie Hayes from the Unfolded Blog shares how to create a colorful game table with Chalk Paint and stencils. Debbie used a thrift store find-a traditional game table and custom Chalk Paint™ colors combined with Royal Design Studio stencils for a fun furniture painting project.You can adapt this idea for funky dressers, cool coffee tables, and awesome armoires.
Here are the paint supplies you will need:
We also suggest the following professional furniture painting brushes:
Custom Chalk Paint ™Color Mixes
Make a juicy watermelon color by adding 1 T. Antoinette and 1T. Old Ochre to each 1/4 C. of Emperor's Silk.
Make a dreamy creamsicle color by adding 1T. Old Ochre to each 1/4 C. of Barcelona Orange
1. Paint two layers of the Emperor's silk color mix overall. Try to create some "texture" in your first layer by laying the paint on thickly with the side of the brush.
2. Paint the inside of the drawer and the Backgammon area with two coats of Old Ochre.
3. Dry brush front areas with the Barcelona Orange color mix.
5. Handpaint a checkerboard pattern on the backside of the table top using Old Ochre and the Barcelona Orange color mix. Allow all to dry overnight.
6.Use the Furniture Waxing Brush to apply a layer of Clear Soft Wax overall. Push the wax well into the paint. Wipe off excess wax as you go.
7. Allow wax to dry to the touch and sand lightly with fine sandpaper on any areas that would naturally receive "wear" to distress lightly (if desired).
8. Apply a second, thin layer of Clear Soft Wax. Remove excess and buff lightly with a soft cloth.
9. Checkers anyone??
Be sure to also visit these video tutorials on painting with Chalk Paint™ by Annie Sloan!