Pretty Handy Girl Brittany spied this table by a dumpster and transformed the abandoned ugly duckling quickly into a painted swan with the help of the pretty Lisboa Tile Stencil from Royal Design Studio and trendy Chalk Paint® colors.
Visit Brittany's paint and stencil post here for all the details and see the basic 1-2-3+ below.
1. Use shellac or a shellac-based primer like Bin to seal any exposed raw wood (in this case table top) and prevent any knots in the bare wood from bleeding through the Chalk Paint®.
2. Paint the tabletop with two coats of Old White Chalk Paint®.
3. Paint the table legs with Duck Egg Blue Chalk Paint®.
4. Use low tack ScotchBlue Painter's tape to tape off a "frame" around the tabletop edge and paint inside with Duck Egg Blue Chalk Paint®.
5. Find the center of the tabletop and center the Lisboa Tile Stencil there. Use a foam stencil roller and stencil overall with Old White Chalk Paint®.
7. Distress all with a light pass of an Orbital Sander. Apply Antiquing Glaze. Seal.
If you are not as lucky as Brittany to find an awesome FREE table laying by a dumpster, you can easily find this sort of 90's-era table for sale at great prices at thrift stores and on Craigslist. Remember! One girls trash is another one's treasure-especially when you have awesome Chalk Paint® and stencil patterns at your fingertips!!
Inspired to try a painted trash rescue for yourself?!