Rocio had a large expanse of wall that needed personality and pattern with a neutral color scheme. Her living room and dining room occupied the same space and she needed to make each one inviting in its own way. She chose the Moroccan Geometry Stencil from the Allover Moroccan Stencil Collection to feature on her 18' foot dominant wall. She felt it was the one design element that would pull the dual area together and used a wonderful light, soft gray paint through the stencil to create a subtle, yet powerful impact.
On Madrid is the magazine related to El Pais, Spain's largest newspaper. They contacted Rocio and had her write an allover stenciling tutorial for their subscribers. She also shared her stenciling a feature wall tutorial for her bilingual blog readers as well as showcasing her Before & After stencil process. What a beautiful result!
Rocio shares that at first, she could not decide on a Royal Design Studio stencil pattern as she had too many she loved! She knew that when choosing a stencil pattern, one must always take into consideration the size of the pattern for the planned surface, the overall design scheme and of course, how much you truly enjoy the style of the stencil pattern. Rocio loves geometric patterns and had a desire to bring a contemporary, Moroccan influence to her home's design. She now says "I love it every time I see it. I love the way it looks and the pattern is absolutely beautiful." We agree, Rocio!
We also love how a design inspired by Morocco, stenciled for a project in Mexico and featured in a Spanish magazine absolutely encompasses how stencils define global style!
MORE Haute Stencil Style Ideas just for YOU!
- From Damasks to Florals to Modern and Ethnic - our Allover Stencil Patterns give the fab wallpaper you want and in the precise colors you love!
- Got your fave stencil and are ready to go? Check out our tutorial on How to Stencil with Allover Pattern Stencils!
- You can stencil most any surface! Our How to Stencil section of our website shows you all the tips & tricks!
- Visit the Royal Design Studio Facebook fan page and Pinterest boards for daily stencil, design and pattern inspiration!
- Take your allover or motif stenciling project one step further by layering colors on the stencil patterns!
Have a Stencil-rific day! Adios!
Wow, thanks for the post, girls! It’s been such an amazing surprise having been featured in OnMadrid with this lovely wall! Thanks for sharing the news!