HGTV knows a little bit about makeovers, and this stenciled drop-down desk in their Jan/Feb 2014 issue features an amazing transformation of just the sort of furniture that you can find at yard sales, thrift stores, and (if you a very lucky) sitting out on a curb somewhere.
They took a boring, "last century" desk and turned it into a fun, colorful piece with just a couple of cans of paint, and a few easy steps!
- Clean and remove all hardware and patch all holes.
- Paint the interior with a lighter shade of the paint color of your choice.
- Paint the exterior of the desk with a darker shade of paint.
- Use spray adhesive to adhere a small stencil (like our Lacy Leaves Furniture stencil) to the center of the drawers and stencil with the lighter shade.
- Drill new holes for updated crystal knobs.
We always appreciate when magazines request our stencil patterns and love to see and share them here! Here's a few more magazine posts of stenciled projects to inspire you!
- Put your own stamp on a Stenciled Shower Curtain
- House Beautiful's Moroccan Stenciled Mirror Frame
- Stenciled Floor Feature in Better Homes and Gardens